Black Bean and Mango Stuffed Bell Peppers
This recipe is adapted from Love & Lemons
Black Bean and Mango Filling
- 1 can black beans drained and rinsed
- 1 cup corn
- 1 mango peeled and diced*
- 1 cup chopped fresh cilantro
- 3-4 tablespoons vegan cheese optional
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- Zest and juice of 1 lime
- 1 garlic clove minced or 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon chili powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt more for sprinkling
- Freshly ground pepper
For the Peppers
- 4 red bell peppers halved, seeds removed
- Olive oil for drizzling
- Jalapeño Pesto
- *Can substitute dried -no sugar added-mango if you can't find fresh. Just cover with warm water until plumped up.
- Make the Filling
- In a large bowl combine beans, corn, mango, cilantro, cheese, olive oil, lime zest and juice, garlic, chili powder, salt and a few grinds of black pepper. Season to taste and set aside.
- Grill the Peppers
- Heat the grill to medium. Brush the red peppers all over with olive oil and sprinkle with salt and pepper. Grill the peppers cut-side down, for 3 minutes. Turn and grill 3 more minutes. Remove from grill.
- Scoop in the filling and serve with dollops of the jalapeño pesto