For The Salmon Bowl:
- 1/2 cup green onions, thinly sliced
- 1 English cucumber, sliced
- 1 tbsp toasted sesame seeds
- 1 4-ounce avocado, diced
- 2 cups cooked brown rice or cauliflower rice
- 3/4 cup sprouts (optional)
- 16 ounces wild salmon, cut in 4 pieces
- olive oil
- salt and fresh ground pepper to taste
For the Soy-Wasabi Vinaigrette:
- 2 tbsp Tamari
- 2 teaspoons wasabi (I use wasabi powder and add water to make paste)
- 2 tablespoons mirin
- 2 tablespoons rice wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon sesame oil
- Combine the vinaigrette ingredients in a bowl and set aside. Heat rice and keep warm.
- Season salmon with a pinch of salt and fresh pepper. Heat a frying pan or sauté pan over medium-high heat. Spray the pan lightly with oil spray.
- When hot sear salmon, around 2 – 4 minutes per side (depending on the thickness of the fish).
- Split rice into four bowls equally, 1/2 cup each.
- Top each bowl with 1 oz avocado, green onions, cucumbers, sesame seeds, and sprouts.
- Place salmon on top of each bowl, drizzle with the vinaigrette.
- Serve immediately.