Both kids and adults love burritos. They’re really easy to make and fun to eat! This recipe calls for black beans but use your favorite or whatever you have on hand.
- 1 tbsp. olive oil
- 1 onion, diced
- 1 green bell pepper, diced
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 tsp. ground cumin
- 1/2 tsp. ground coriander
- 1/2 tsp. sea salt
- 1/4 tsp. cayenne pepper
- handful chopped baby spinach or kale
- 1 15-ounce can black beans, rinsed and drained
- 1/2 c fresh cilantro, chopped
- 1/2 avocado, sliced thin
- 2 whole wheat or grain-free tortillas
- Sauté onion and bell pepper in oil for 3 minutes or until soft. Add garlic, cumin, coriander, salt and pepper. Continue cooking 2 minutes longer.
- Add the beans to the pan. Cook 1 minute. Smash some of the beans then add cilantro and greens and cook just until wilted.
- In the meantime, warm the wraps in a separate pan over low flame.
- Lay warm wraps flat. Divide ingredients between wraps.
- Top with avocado. Roll wraps tightly, tucking sides in.