Caribbean Bean Salad
Caribbean bean salad is delicious for a meal or afternoon snack. Add rice for a heartier meal or serve over a bed of greens.
- 1 c fresh corn kernels
- 1 cans black beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 red bell pepper, cut into 1/2″ pieces
- 1/2 c red onion, diced
- 1 c cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1/2 c fresh cilantro leaves, chopped
- Juice of 1/2 fresh lime
- 1/2 tsp. sea salt
- 1 tsp. ground cumin
- 1/4 tsp. freshly ground pepper to taste
- 2 tbsp. good olive oil
- 1/2 medium avocado, cut into 1/2″ squares
- 1 c cooked brown rice (optional)
- Combine the corn, beans, red pepper, red onion, tomatoes and cilantro in a large serving bowl.
- Mix together the lime juice, salt, cumin and black pepper. The slowly whisk in the olive oil until the dressing is slightly thickened.
- Add the brown rice to the salad if using.
- Pour the dressing over the bean mixture and gently stir to combine.
- Let the salad stand for at least 1 hour to develop flavors. Garnish with avocado and serve.