Caribbean Zucchini Salad
This is a great recipe for summer time but can be served year round! Cooking is optional.
- For The Salad
- 2 zucchini
- 1/2 cup cherry tomatoes
- halved2/3 cup cooked corn fresh is best
- 4-5 very thin red onion slices
- 1-2 stalks celery chopped
- 1/4 teaspoon salt or more as needed
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon cumin
- 1/4 teaspoon chili powder for the corn + 1/4 teaspoon for the salad
- 1 can garbanzo beans rinsed and drained
- 1/4 cup cilantro leaves chopped for garnish
- For The Dressing
- 1 avocado
- Juice of 1 lime
- 1 small clove garlic
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- Pinch cayenne pepper
- 2 teaspoons cilantro leaves
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- Put zucchini noodles in a large bowl. Heat 1 tablespoon olive oil in a skillet over medium-high heat (but not smoking). Add the corn, cumin and 1/4 teaspoon chili powder and cook, stirring occasionally, 10-12 minutes or until the corn starts to brown. Remove from heat and set aside in a small bowl to cool. Alternately toss corn with cumin and chili powder without cooking.
- Combine the tomatoes, onions, celery, beans and cooled corn with the zucchini noodles in the bowl. Season with salt, pepper, remaining 1/4 teaspoon chili powder and cilantro. Toss to combine.
- Add all the dressing ingredients to a Vitamix or powerful blender and process until well blended into a smooth dressing. Divide the zucchini salad between plates and top with a dollop of the avocado dressing. Mix well and add additional dressing if desired.
An easy, no cook recipe