Good steak is a once-in-a-while treat. If you're going to go for it, this recipe from damndelicious is amazingly delicious. A good choice for a dinner party...if you happen to have non vegetarians or vegans all in one place!
1/2 cup chopped fresh cilantro
1/3 cup olive oil
1/4 cup tamari
Juice of 1 orange
Juice and zest of 1 lime
4 cloves garlic, minced
1 jalapeño, seeded and diced
1 teaspoon ground cumin
Sea salt and fresh pepper to taste
1 1/2 pounds flank steak
- In a medium bowl, combine cilantro, olive oil, soy sauce, orange juice, lime juice, garlic, jalapeno, cumin and 1 teaspoon pepper; set aside 1/2 cup of the mixture in the refrigerator until ready to serve.
- In a gallon size Ziploc bag or large bowl, combine steak and remaining cilantro mixture; marinate for at least 4 hours to overnight, turning the bag occasionally. Drain the steak from the marinade.
- Preheat grill to medium high heat. Remove meat from marinade and season with salt and pepper, to taste.
- Add steak to grill, and cook, flipping once, until desired doneness, about 6 minutes per side for medium rare. Let rest 5 minutes.
- Thinly slice steak against the grain and serve with reserved 1/2 cup cilantro mixture.