This recipe is adapted from Inspiralized. A great site if you’re in the mood for veggie noodles!
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 3 chicken sausage
- 1 large sweet potato or 2 medium, peeled, spiralized
- salt and pepper
- 3 cups sliced brussels sprouts
- 2 garlic cloves minced
- Vegan Pesto optional
- Vegan Parmesan Cheese optional
- Slice the sausages very thinly.
- Heat a tablespoon of oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add the chicken sausage and cook for about 5-7 minutes.
- Transfer the sausage to a plate and immediately add the sweet potato noodles with a tablespoon of oil then season with salt and pepper. Toss and cook for 7 minutes or until cooked through and slightly al dente. Set aside on a plate
- Add last tablespoon of olive oil to the skillet, along with the Brussels sprouts and garlic. Season with salt and pepper and toss until cooked, about 5 minutes.
- Once Brussels are done cooking, add back in the sausage and sweet potato noodles. Mix everything together then distribute evenly on plates.
- Top with pesto or vegan parmesan cheese or both!