Chickpea, Carrot and Squash Salad
A nice vegetarian one-pot meal adapted from Healthyish. Sub sweet potatoes if you can't find delicata squash. Serve with vegan parmesan cheese (https://twcfit.com/vegan-parmesan-cheese/) if you have it and for a heartier meal add some brown or wild rice.
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 2 teaspoons cumin ground
- 1 teaspoon coriander ground
- 2 delicata squash sliced into 1/2" pieces
- 3-5 carrots cut diagonally into 2" pieces
- 1 can chickpeas rinsed and drained
- 2 romaine hearts thinly sliced
- 1/4 cup red onions thinly sliced, pickled
- 2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- sea salt and freshly ground pepper
- 1 cup wild rice cooked, optional
- Vegan Parmesan Cheese
- Preheat oven to 450°
- Mix 2 teaspoons oil, the cumin, coriander, 2 teaspoons salt and 1 teaspoon pepper in a large bowl. Add the squash (or sweet potatoes), carrots and chickpeas. Be sure all ingredients are evenly coated with oil and spices. Divide onto 2 rimmed baking sheets in a single layer to allow even cooking.
- Roast for 12-15 minutes, tossing once, until golden brown and vegetables are easily pierced with a fork. Chickpeas should be crispy.
- Remove from the oven and let cool slightly. Then lightly toss everything in a big bowl with the romaine. Divide between serving bowls and drizzle with remaining 2 tablespoons olive oil and vinegar. Sprinkle with a bit of vegan parmesan cheese if you have some.
Calories: 234kcal | Carbohydrates: 27g | Protein: 4g | Fat: 14g | Saturated Fat: 2g | Sodium: 48mg | Potassium: 1111mg | Fiber: 6g | Sugar: 8g | Vitamin A: 15675IU | Vitamin C: 33.6mg | Calcium: 106mg | Iron: 2.7mg