Dates & Figs & Cherries & Chocolate!
Get some really dark chocolate like Trader Joes 85%. Melt it then add it to your favorite dried fruit. This makes for a rich and satisfying after-meal sweet snack!
- 3-4 squares very dark chocolate, at least 80%
- Dried figs or dates (or both)
- Dried cherries, unsulfured with no added sugar
- Place the chocolate squares in a microwave safe glass bowl.
- Cook for about 2 minutes, until completely melted.
- While chocolate is cooking, carefully cut through top half the dates and figs. Don’t cut all the way through the bottom.
- Remove pits from dates.
- Using a toothpick dip the cherries in the melted chocolate to coat fully.
- Place a chocolate cherry in each date or fig.
- Alternately drizzle melted chocolate into center of each date or fig.
- Let cool slightly. Enjoy 1 or 2. Savor each bite!