Easy Fish Tacos
Lots of flavors combine to make these easy to prepare fish tacos tangy and delicious!
- 1 pound white fish cut into 2-3 inch pieces
- 1/2 large red onion, roughly chopped
- 2 ripe tomatoes, chopped
- 1 red bell pepper, chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 tablespoon tomato paste
- 1/2 cup fresh cilantro, chopped
- Juice of 1 fresh lime
- 1 tablespoon olive or coconut oil
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1 teaspoon chile powder
- 2 teaspoons cumin
- 4 whole corn or soft whole wheat tortillas
- 1/2 avocado sliced
- Plain Greek yogurt for topping, optional
- In a large skillet heat the oil on medium heat. Saute the onion and bell pepper until they begin to soften, about 3 minutes. Add the garlic and cook until fragrant, about 1 minute. Add the tomatoes, tomato paste, fish, chili powder, cumin, salt, pepper and cilantro.
- Squeeze fresh lime juice over skillet ingredients and cook for about 10 minutes, breaking up the fish pieces. Cook until fish is opaque and mixture is no longer watery.
- Divide mixture evenly between tacos. Top with avocado and yogurt if desired.