- 12 ounces frozen chopped spinach thawed and drained
- 1 pound flounder fillets seasoned lightly with salt and pepper
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 1 cup diced red bell pepper
- 2 tablespoons butter or ghee
- 3 tablespoons whole wheat flour or almond flour
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/8 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1-1/2 cups plant milk or more as needed
- 1 tablespoon vegan parmesan cheese
- 1/4 teaspoon paprika
- Spread spinach on the bottom of a lightly greased 13” x 9” baking dish. Top with fillets.
- In a large saucepan, sauté onion and bell pepper in butter until tender. Stir in flour, salt, pepper and nutmeg until blended. Gradually add milk. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened. Add extra milk slowly if mixture is too thick.
- Pour over fillets; sprinkle with vegan Parmesan cheese and paprika. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 20 minutes or until fish flakes easily with a fork.