Sweet and Spicy, this meal will satisfy all your cravings!
- 2 medium eggplants
- 1 large ripe mango
- 1 can chickpeas [14oz]
- 1 teaspoon ground coriander
- 1/2 teaspoon smoked paprika
- Olive oil
- Juice of 1 lime
- 1 teaspoon honey
- 1/2 tablespoon apple cider vinegar
- 1 garlic clove crushed
- 2-3 tablespoons fresh cilantro leaves finely chopped
- 2-3 tablespoons fresh mint leaves finely chopped
- 2 large handfuls arugula
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Preheat the oven to 425 F.
- Drain the chickpeas and pat them dry.
- Add the chickpeas to a medium bowl and mix in 2 tablespoon of olive oil, 1 teaspoon ground coriander, ½ teaspoon salt and ½ teaspoon of smoked paprika. Toss to coat.
- Place in a single layer on a baking sheet in the oven for 20 minutes . Toss every 10 minutes so they are evenly crisp.
- While the chickpeas are roasting, heat some olive oil in a large frying pan. Cut eggplant in 1/2" dice and fry them evenly.
- Make the dressing in a separate bowl by mixing together 1 tablespoon olive oil, apple cider vinegar, honey, lime juice and crushed garlic clove.
- Peel and dice the mango in a salad bowl. When ready, add the eggplant and arugula to the diced mango.
- Add the chopped fresh cilantro and mint leaves followed by roasted chickpeas. Pour the salad dressing and toss everything together before seasoning with salt and pepper to taste.