Sweet and Spicy, this meal will satisfy all your cravings!
- 2 medium eggplants
- 1 large ripe mango
- 1 can chickpeas [14oz]
- 1 teaspoon ground coriander
- 1/2 teaspoon smoked paprika
- Olive oil
- Juice of 1 lime
- 1 teaspoon honey
- 1/2 tablespoon apple cider vinegar
- 1 garlic clove, crushed
- 2-3 tablespoons fresh cilantro leaves, finely chopped
- 2-3 tablespoons fresh mint leaves, finely chopped
- 2 large handfuls arugula
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- Preheat the oven to 425 F.
- Drain the chickpeas and pat them dry.
- Add the chickpeas to a medium bowl and mix in 2 tablespoon of olive oil, 1 teaspoon ground coriander, ½ teaspoon salt and ½ teaspoon of smoked paprika. Toss to coat.
- Place in a single layer on a baking sheet in the oven for 20 minutes . Toss every 10 minutes so they are evenly crisp.
- While the chickpeas are roasting, heat some olive oil in a large frying pan. Cut eggplant in 1/2" dice and fry them evenly.
- Make the dressing in a separate bowl by mixing together 1 tablespoon olive oil, apple cider vinegar, honey, lime juice and crushed garlic clove.
- Peel and dice the mango in a salad bowl. When ready, add the eggplant and arugula to the diced mango.
- Add the chopped fresh cilantro and mint leaves followed by roasted chickpeas. Pour the salad dressing and toss everything together before seasoning with salt and pepper to taste.
Recipe by Total Wellness Challenge at https://twcfit.com/healthy-eggplant-mango-salad-with-spicy-chickpeas-dinner/