This chicken is best during the summer months when you can use your own fresh herbs. Make extra to use in chicken salad or healthy wraps.We like rosemary and thyme but feel free to experiment with whatever herbs you have on hand.
- 4 large bone-in skin-on chicken breasts
- 1/3 cup mix of chopped fresh rosemary and thyme
- 1/2 tablespoon butter
- Olive oil
- Sea salt and black pepper
- Preheat oven to 375
- Wash and pat dry the breasts.
- Loosen the skin of each breast as much as possible so you can slide the herbs under.
- With a sharp knife make about 4 randomly spaced slits under the skin
- Cut the butter into 1/4" or smaller pieces. Push the butter pieces all the way into the slits
- Lift the skin and evenly distribute the herbs under the skin of the four breasts then put the skin back into place covering the herbs.
- Rub the breasts lightly with olive oil. Sprinkle with salt and pepper.
- Place the breasts skin side up in a glass backing dish and cook for 1 hour or until skin is crisp and chicken is cooked all the way through.