3-4 bone-in chicken breasts
2 Tablespoons lemon zest
1/3 cup lemon juice, fresh squeezed
4 cloves garlic, minced
2 Tablespoons fresh chopped thyme (or 2 teaspoons dried)
2 Tablespoon fresh chopped rosemary (or 1 teaspoon dried)
1 teaspoon sea salt
1 teaspoon black pepper
2-3 Tablespoons butter, melted
slices Lemon for garnish
- Place lemon juice, lemon zest, garlic, thyme, rosemary, salt and pepper in a small bowl. Whisk to combine.
- With the tip of a sharp knife, cut into each chicken piece 2 to 3 times, about 1/2 an inch. This helps the marinade really get in and penetrate.
- Place the breasts and the marinade in a gallon size freezer bag. Rotate bag so all chicken pieces are coated with the marinade. Seal the bag and place in a bowl in the refrigerator for an hour or overnight.
- After the chicken has marinated, preheat oven to 425 degrees. Remove the chicken from the marinade and place in a single layer in a large baking dish. Use a pastry brush to brush a small amount of melted butter on top of each piece of chicken.
- Bake for 45 to 50 minutes, or until the chicken is cooked through.