Coconut Flour Tortillas
Make this quick, healthy recipe for grain-free soft tortillas. Then fill these tasty coconut flour tortillas with your favorite whole foods like eggs, hummus, grilled veggies, mixed greens or other healthy ingredients for a satisfying meal or snack any time of the day! Here's a short tutorial video
Servings 4 Tortillas
- 2 Tablespoons psyllium husk
- 1/2 cup coconut flour2/3 cup warm water
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 tablespoon ground flax
- 2 tablespoons water
- Sea salt optional
- Combine the ground flax and water. Set aside.Mix the flour and psyllium husk in a medium bowl. Be sure to remove all the lumps.
- Add in the warm water, olive oil, flax "egg" and baking soda and mix well using a spatula and your hands. Knead for about a minute until dough is moist but not sticky. Roll into a ball.Set aside for about 5 minutes
- Cut the dough ball into quarters.Place the first quarter between 2 pieces of parchment or waxed paper. Press the ball with your hand to flatten then roll with a rolling pin as thin as you can.
- Unpeel the top layer of paper. Use a lid of a pan to cut out a round tortilla then peel off the excess.Carefully lift your tortilla from the bottom paper and place in a pre-heated non-stick skillet. Sprinkle lightly with sea salt if desired.
- Cook first side for about 2 minutes then carefully flip to other side and repeat until sides are light brown.