These meatballs are made with ground organic chicken and pork but you can substitute turkey or any combination you like.
- 1/3 cup whole wheat bread crumbs
- 2 tablespoons milk alternative
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 onion, diced
- 1 pound ground chicken
- 1 pound ground pork
- 2 eggs, lightly beaten
- 1/2 cup fresh parsley, chopped
- 3 cloves garlic, crushed
- 1 1/2 teaspoons salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 teaspoon dried Italian herb seasoning
- Cover a baking sheet with foil and brush lightly with olive oil.
- Heat olive oil in a skillet over medium heat. Saute onions until soft, about 8 minutes.
- Mix chicken and pork together in a large bowl. Stir onions, bread crumbs, eggs, parsley, garlic, salt, black pepper, milk and Italian herb seasoning into meat mixture and combine with your hands. Cover and refrigerate for 30 minutes to one hour.
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees.
- Using wet hands, form meat mixture into balls about 1 1/2 inches in diameter. Arrange onto prepared baking sheet.
- Bake in the preheated oven until browned and cooked through, 15 to 20 minutes.