Mediterranean Grilled Red Snapper
- 8 tbsp. olive oil, divided, plus more for grill
- ½ small red onion, thinly sliced
- 1/4 cup white wine vinegar
- Sea salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 4 six-ounce skin-on snapper fillets
- 1 bunch scallions, sliced thin
- Parsley leaves with tender stems (for serving)
- Prepare grill for medium-high heat; oil grate. Combine onion, vinegar, and 6 Tablespoons oil in a small bowl; season with salt and pepper. Set marinade aside.
- Rub snapper all over with 1 Tablespoon olive oil ; season with salt and pepper. Grill, skin side down, until lightly charred and almost cooked through, 4–6 minutes (skin should release easily; if it sticks, grill another minute or two). Turn and grill until just cooked through, about 1 minute. Place skin side up in a baking dish.
- Pour reserved marinade over hot snapper and let sit at least 10 minutes (the longer it sits, the more intensely flavored it will be).
- To serve, spoon marinade over snapper and top with scallions and parsley.