These healthy treats do have a pretty long list of ingredients but nothing really unusual and well worth the investment!
- 1 cup whole rolled oats (not instant)
- 1 tablespoon ground flaxseed + 3 tablespoons warm water
- ¼ cup almond butter
- 2 tablespoons maple syrup
- 3 soft Medjool dates, pitted
- 2 tablespoons coconut oil
- ½ teaspoon vanilla extract
- ¼ teaspoon cinnamon
- ¼ teaspoon sea salt
- ¼ cup chopped walnuts
- ½ cup shredded coconut
- ⅓ cup dark chocolate chips
- In a medium pan, toast the oats over low heat until just browned around the edges, about 1 to 2 minutes. Remove from the heat and set aside.
- In a small bowl, combine the flaxseed and warm water and set aside to thicken for about 5 minutes.
- In a food processor, combine the 1/4 cup almond butter, 2 Tablespoons maple syrup, 2 dates, 2 tablespoons coconut oil, 1/2 teaspoon vanilla, 1/4 teaspoon each cinnamon and salt. Add the flaxseed mixture and blend until smooth.
- Add the walnuts and pulse until combined. Add the oats and coconut and pulse until combined. Add the chocolate chips and pulse just until evenly incorporated.
- Shape the mixture into 1 1/2 inch rounds or 12 balls and chill until firm, at least 30 minutes. The longer, the better. If the dough is too sticky to work with, chill it for several minutes before rolling.
- Store in an air-tight container in the refrigerator.