Poached Eggs and Vegetables
Poaching is the easiest and most nutritious way to prepare eggs. Add some vegetables and you’ve got a full meal. Eggs aren’t just for breakfast anymore! [br][br][url href=”http://www.amazon.com/Titan-Peeler-TTPLR-Slicer/dp/B0026AE6FM” target=”_blank”]These tools[/url] are a staple in my kitchen, especially when preparing root vegetables. I use this to julienne the sweet potatoes.
- 1 tbsp. olive oil
- 4 eggs
- 1/4 c vinegar
- 1 small onion, roughly chopped
- 1 red bell pepper, diced
- 1/2 large sweet potato, julienned
- 3 c baby spinach, roughly chopped
- 1/2 avocado, sliced thin
- 1/2 c salsa, warmed
- In a large skillet heat olive oil. Add onion and pepper and cook until vegetables are soft, about 5-7 minutes. Add sweet potatoes and cook , 2-3 minutes. Right before you’re ready to eat stir in spinach and cook just until slightly wilted, 30 seconds.
- Fill another saucepan with 2-3 inches of water and bring to a boil. When water boils add vinegar. Carefully crack eggs into water so yolks remain intact. Cook eggs for 3-4 minutes then remove from water.
- Divide vegetable mixture between warm plates. Arrange eggs on top. Garnish with avocado slices and salsa.
Spread the Word!