Sausage and Lots of Veggie Kabobs
- 1 package organic Chicken-Apple sausages Whole Foods, cut into 1/2" rounds
- 3 bell peppers, red, orange and yellow cut into 1/2" pieces
- 1 inion cut into 1/2 moons
- 1 zucchini sliced into 1/2" rounds
- 1 yellow squash sliced into 1/2" rounds
- 2-3 small red potatoes
- 1 small sweet apple cut into 1/2" chunks
- 1/4-1/3 cup coconut or olive oil
- dreid basil
- sea salt
- Soak 8-10 wooden skewers in water while chopping the vegetables.Poke a few holes in the red potatoes then heat in microwave for about 2 minutes until partially softened. Cut potatoes into quarters when cool enough to handle.
- Heat grill to medium-high heat.
- Thread the skewers with a combination of all the vegetables. Include about 3 pieces of sausage on each skewer. Place completed skewers on a large baking sheet. Using a pastry brush generously coat all sides of each skewer with the oil. Liberally season with salt and pepper. Sprinkle dried basil over skewers.
- Cook skewers on preheated grill until vegetables are tender. Turn after 10 minutes to insure even browning, then continue to cook for another 10-15 minutes. Check often to avoid burning.
- Served your kabobs with a salad of mixed greens, thinly sliced red onions, 1/2 of an apple chopped, 1 celery stalk, chopped, 1/2 avocado and home-made balsamic vinaigrette.