This recipe from Bon Appetit' was sent to us from one of our challengers! Add some lean protein to make it a complete meal.
- 1/2 cup water
- 1/4 cup white wine vinegar
- 3 tablespoons tahini sesame seedpaste
- 2 tablespoons coarse-grained mustard
- 1 teaspoon honey
- 1 small garlic clove minced
- 3/4 vegetable oil
- 2 large red onions
- 12 cups packed baby spinach,trimmed
- 10 large radicchio leaves
- Combine all ingredients except oil in blender and blend well. Gradually blend in oil. Season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Cut onions lengthwise into 1/2-inch-thick wedges, leaving root ends intact. Place onions in 15x10-inch glass baking dish. Pour 1 cup vinaigrette over onions, coating evenly. Let marinate 3 hours. Chill remaining dressing. (Can be made 1 day ahead. Chill onions.)
- Prepare barbecue (medium-high-heat) or preheat broiler. Sprinkle onions with salt and pepper. Grill or broil onions until golden. turning occasionally, about 12 minutes. (Can be made 6 hours ahead. Let stand at room temperature.)
- Place spinach in large bowl. Toss with enough vinaigrette to coat. Season with salt and pepper. Fill radicchio leaves with spinach. Top with grilled onions. Pass remaining dressing separately.