Spiralized Beets And Moroccan Chick Peas
This delicious plant-based meal is from Inspiralized and absolutely worth the effort. The beets are surprisingly easy to spiralize and very pleasing to the eye! Serve this dish with a side of arugula, red onion slices, avocado and julienned carrots seasoned with salt, pepper and a drizzle of olive oil for a full spectrum of color.
- 3 -4 large beets, peeled and spiralized
- 2 tbsp. olive oil
- 2 tsp. minced garlic
- 1/2 red onion, finely chopped
- 7 dried apricots, roughly chopped
- 1 tsp. garam masala
- 1 tsp. cumin
- sea salt and pepper to taste
- 1 pinch cayenne pepper or more to taste
- 1 tbsp. lemon juice
- 15 – ounce can chickpeas, rinsed, drained and patted dry
- 15 – ounce can diced tomatoes
- 1 tbsp. chopped fresh mint
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees.
- Lay out the beet noodles evenly on a baking tray and drizzle with 1 tablespoon of the olive oil. Season with salt and pepper and bake for 10-15 minutes or until wilted.
- Heat a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add 1 tablespoon of olive oil and once it heats, add in garlic. Cook the garlic for 30 seconds or until fragrant.
- Add the onions, lemon juice, apricots, cumin and garam masala. Season with salt and pepper and cayenne pepper. Cook for 5 minutes or until onion begins to slightly brown.
- Add in the chickpeas and tomatoes and bring to a boil. Reduce the heat and simmer for 5-7 minutes, stirring occasionally, to reduce. Once reduced, stir in the mint.
- Divide the beet noodles onto plates and top each with hearty scoops of the chickpea mixture