This is the quintessential summer dish because it uses all the summer veggies, is easy to prepare and can be enjoyed at room temperature.
- 2 cups baby shrimp thawed if frozen
- 1 zucchini cut in half lengthwise, then sliced into half 1/4" moons
- 1/2 of a red onion halved then thinly sliced
- 1 red bell pepper cut into thin strips
- 1 cup corn
- olive oil for cooking
- 1 cup mango chunks or more if you like
For the marinade
- 1/3 cup olive oil
- Juice of 1 lime
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh basil leaves
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon chili flakes
- Sea salt and pepper
- Whole grain rice vermicelli optional
- Vegan pesto optional
- Make the marinade by whisking all the ingredients together in a small bowl.
- Lightly season the shrimp with salt and pepper then add to a large zip lock baggie.
- Pour the marinade in the bag over the shrimp and be sure all pieces are coated.
- Chill the shrimp while you cut up the veggies.
- Heat a skillet over medium high heat. Pour the shrimp with the marinade into the pan and sauté until cooked through and most of the liquid is reduced.
- Remove from pan; set aside in a bowl.
- If using instant vermicelli, prepare it now. After draining the noodles place in a bowl and add a bit of olive oil, sea salt and pepper. Mix to coat.
- In the same skillet heat a tablespoon of olive oil over medium high heat. Add the bell pepper and onion and sauté for 2-3 minutes until slightly soft. Add the zucchini and corn and continue cooking for another minute or so until soft.
- Place all the vegetables in a large wide-mouth bowl. Season with salt and pepper and mix to coat.
- When ready to serve distribute the noodles between salad bowls. Top with the vegetables and mango chunks and finally the shrimp.
- Add a dollop of pesto on top of everything if you have it.