Super Salad Wrap
Instead of a bowl of salad try combining your ingredients in a whole wheat or grain-fee wrap for a quick, healthful lunch.
- 2 large collard greens
- 2 tbsp. hummus
- 3-4 cups mixed leafy greens
- 1 red pepper, sliced very thin
- 4 very thin red onion slices
- 1 carrot, grated
- 1/2 avocado, mashed
- 1 tbsp. homemade balsamic vinaigrette
- sea salt and ground pepper to taste
- your choice of protein: 1/2 cup beans, 3-4 grams nitrate-free turkey, tuna etc
- Wash and pat the collard greens dry
- Shave thickest part of stem as thinly as possible
- Spread hummus evenly over collard greens
- Divide mixed greens and vegetables between leaves.
- Top with protein if desired.
- Season with salt and pepper and lightly drizzle with vinaigrette.
- Fold in side of wrap and roll up tightly.