Sweet Chicken Sausage Salad
Let’s face it…we don’t always crave salad during the colder months so it’s a good idea to warm things up by adding healthy sausage or cooked root vegetables. This recipe makes two servings.
- 3-4 Organic Chicken-Apple sausages, cut into 1/2 inch rounds
- 6-8 cups mixed leafy greens
- 4 thin slices red onion
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1/2 cup red grapes, halved
- 1/4 cup roasted walnuts, coarsely chopped
- 1/2 avocado, cubed
- Sea salt and pepper to taste
- Balsamic vinaigrette, warmed
- Saute the sausage pieces in a little olive oil over medium high heat.
- Place greens in a large salad bowl. Add onion slices, cherry tomatoes, grapes, avocado and walnuts.
- Sprinkle lightly with salt and pepper.
- Top with 2-3 tablespoons vinaigrette and toss so everything is evenly coated.
- Divide salad between plates and top with cooked sausage.