1 small onion, finely chopped
2 tablespoons olive oil
1 large sweet potato, peeled and diced
1 large clove garlic, crushed
1 teaspoon cumin
1/2 teaspoon thyme
1 teaspoon paprika
2 eggs, whisked
1 teaspoon sea salt
1/2 cup fresh or frozen corn
1 cup white beans
6 tablespoons whole wheat breadcrumbs
Plain, salted yogurt and smashed avocado for topping, optional
- Preheat oven to 425 and line a baking pan with parchment paper.
- Heat olive oil in a skillet over medium heat. Add onion, diced sweet potato, and garlic and sauté for 3 minutes. Cover and cook over low heat for 10 minutes until sweet potatoes are soft.
- Remove pan from heat and place sweet potato mixture in a medium bowl. Add spices and beans. Mash ingredients together. Set aside to cool slightly.
- Add corn, breadcrumbs and eggs to sweet potato mixture. Mix well with hands and form into patties, about 3" wide.
- Place on parchment paper lined baking pan and bake for 15 minutes on one side; flip, and bake for an additional 10 minutes.
- Remove burgers from oven, serve on a slice of whole wheat or gluten free bread if desired. Top with smashed avocado and salted yogurt.