Dairy-free and gluten free casserole with beans. Creamy cashews give this meal a nice, rich flavor.
- 1 cup raw cashews
- 2 cups salsa
- ¾ cups plain or non-dairy yogurt
- 1-¼ teaspoons paprika
- 1-¼ teaspoons cumin
- 3/4 teaspoon sea salt
- 9 6" corn tortillas cut into fourths
- 2 cans black beans rinsed, drained and patted dry
- 2 cups corn
- Preheat oven to 375°
- Blend the cashews, 5 tablespoons filtered water, 1 cup salsa, ¾ cups yogurt, the paprika, cumin and salt in a high-speed blender until completely smooth.
- Place the beans in a large bowl or plate and gently mash most of them together.
- Pour ⅓ of the cheese sauce into the bottom of an 8X8 glass casserole dish.
- Place 6 tortilla pieces in a row, slightly overlapping. Repeat this step 2 more times to cover the bottom of the dish.
- Cover the first layer of tortillas with an even layer of ½ the beans then the remaining 1 cup of the salsa.
- Spread ½ the corn over the salsa.
- Now repeat the process by spreading another ⅓ of the cashew sauce over the corn (save the rest for the top layer).
- Top with another layer of the tortilla pieces then add the remaining beans and corn.
- Top with the final layer of cashew sauce. Then loosley cover the casserole with foil to keep it from drying out.
- Bake for 15 minutes. Then remove the foil and bake for another 5-10 minutes until the edges are dark orange and firm.