Tomatoes and Eggs
Recipe Type: Eggs
A perfect, healthful meal to make for breakfast or lunch!
- 1 tbsp. olive oil
- 1 shallot or 1⁄2 small onion, finely chopped
- 1/2 red pepper, diced
- 1 garlic clove,minced
- 15-oz. can diced tomatoes
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- Freshly ground black pepper
- a big handful of baby kale or spinach
- 2 eggs
- pinch of cayenne pepper
- Coat a small pan in oil and heat over medium-high heat. Add shallot and red pepper and cook for 2 minutes, until beginning to soften.
- Add garlic and cook, stirring, for 30 seconds. Add tomatoes and salt. Cook for 2 minutes. Stir in greens.
- Make little divots with a spoon and crack eggs into them (so eggs stay relatively contained). Cover the pan and reduce heat to medium-low. Cook for 5-7 minutes until egg whites have set but yolk is still runny.
- Sprinkle lightly with cayenne pepper and serve with 1 piece sprouted grain toast or almond bread if desired.