Tuna With A Twist
The recipe substitutes a slightly spicy lime-yogurt dressing for traditional mayonnaise to make a lighter, more healthful lunch!
- 1 6.4 ounce packet white tuna, large pieces broken up
- 1 cup chopped sweet apple
- 1/2 cup diced red onion
- 2 Tablespoon plain yogurt
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- Juice of 1/4 lime
- 1 pinch cayenne pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 6 cups greens or 4 large romaine leaves
- 1/2 avocado, sliced
- Combine yogurt, mustard, lime juice and cayenne pepper in a small bowl and set aside.
- Place tuna, apples and onion in separate bowl.
- Add the yogurt mixture and combine all ingredients well
- Divide the lettuce between two or three plates and top with tuna mixture.
- Serve with whole grain crackers and kiwi or other fruit.