TOFU1/2 cup extra-firm tofu, excess liquid pressed out, crumbled with a fork1 Tablespoon tamari1 teaspoon chili garlic sauce or 1/8 teaspoon red pepper flakes1/4 teaspoon ground turmeric
SAUCE2 1/2 Tablespoons almond butter or peanut butter3 tablespoons lime juice3 1/2 tablespoons tamari1 teaspoon chili garlic sauce or 1/2 teaspoon red pepper flakes1 tablespoon maple syrup
VEGETABLES1 tablespoon sesame oil3 green onions, ends removed and thinly sliced1 1/2 cups thinly sliced red cabbage1 red bell pepper, cored and thinly sliced lengthwise2 tablespoons tamari, divided4-5 large carrots, peeled and ribboned with a vegetable peeler6 collard greens, large stems removed, stacked and thinly sliced into ribbons (about 2 cups packed)1/4 teaspoon ground ginger
FOR SERVING optionalFresh cilantroCrushed peanutsRed pepper flakes
1. If serving with tofu: Add tofu to a small mixing bowl and season with tamari, chili garlic sauce (or pepper flake), and turmeric. Stir and set aside.
2. Add all sauce ingredients to a small mixing bowl and whisk to combine. Set aside.
3. Heat a large skillet over medium heat. Once hot, add oil, onions, cabbage, bell pepper, and 1 Tablespoon tamari. Cook for 3 minutes, stirring and tossing frequently.
4. Add tofu to a corner of the pan and sauté until slightly browned, stirring frequently about 3-5 minutes.
5. Add carrots and collard greens and remaining 1 Tablespoon tamari and stir. Sauté for 2 minutes.
6. Then add Pad Thai sauce and ginger.
7. Sauté over medium heat until warmed through and collards are slightly wilted, about 3 minutes, stirring frequently.
8. Divide between serving plates and enjoy. Serve as is or with peanut sauce, crushed peanuts, cilantro, and lime wedges. Serves 2 as an entrée or 4 as a side.