A colorful frittata for any meal.
- 8-10 eggs
- 3 tablespoons plain yogurt
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 3 tablespoons olive or coconut oil
- 1/2 red onion diced-about 1/2 cup
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- 1 handful baby spinach roughly chopped
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes chopped
- 5 Brussels sprouts thinly shaved-tough pieces discarded
- 1/2 red bell pepper chopped into 1/4" pieces
- 2 slices nitrate-free turkey bacon cut into 1/2" pieces (optional)
- 1 avocado smashed
- Adjust oven rack 5 inches from broiler and heat broiler. Whisk eggs, yogurt, salt and pepper in large bowl until well combined.
- Heat oil in 10-inch oven safe, non-stick skillet over medium heat. Add onions and peppers and cook until soft, 5-7 minutes. Add garlic, tomatoes, Brussels sprouts and bacon and cook 2 minutes. Add spinach and cook until wilted, about 1 minutes. Add egg mixture to skillet and cook, using heat-resistant rubber spatula to stir and scrape the bottom of the skillet until large curds form and spatula begins to leave a wake but eggs are still wet, 2-3 minutes.
- Shake skillet to distribute eggs evenly then cook without stirring for 30 seconds.
- Transfer skillet to oven and broil until frittata surface is slightly brown, 3-4 minutes. Remove skillet from oven and let sit for 5 minutes. Using spatula, loosen frittata from skillet and slide onto serving platter. Cut into wedges and serve with mashed avocado.
This recipe works with whatever vegetables you have on hand. Try asparagus, squash, diced sweet potatoes, zucchini etc.