Veggie-Egg Lunch Bowl
Here's a quick well-rounded lunch. Make the butternut squash and sweet potatoes ahead of time and be sure to make extra to cut down on prep time. You can use whatever veggies you have on hand. In the winter use root vegetables like beets, squash and carrots. In the summer you can switch to zucchini, asparagus, broccoli or whatever's in season!
- 3 cups greens of your choice
- 1 cup butternut squash cubes
- 1 cup sweet potato cubes
- 1/2 avocado mashed
- Sea salt and fresh ground pepper to taste
- 2 eggs scrambled
- Preheat oven to 425. Peel and cut the squash and sweet potato into bite-sized cubes. *Add to large bowl and lightly coat with a little olive oil. Sprinkle with sea salt and freshly ground black pepper.
- Cover a baking sheet with parchment paper or lightly grease with oil. Arrange the root vegetables in a single layer on the sheet. Place in upper half of oven and roast for 20-25 minutes until soft. Remove from oven.
- Meanwhile, heat 1 teaspoon oil in a skillet. Wisk eggs then add to skillet and cook through.
- Arrange your lunch bowl: Chop greens into bite-sized pieces then add remaining ingredients. Drizzle with small amount homemade balsamic vinaigrette. A perfect salad for cooler days.
- *Note-You might as well prepare the entire squash and an extra sweet potato so you'll have leftovers for next time!
You can make this dish vegan by subbing beans for the eggs.